Astrology Houses & Their Significance
Vedic Astrology has divided the natal chart into 12 houses. Each house has its own significance. How we are meeting and dealing with the people in our daily life. All has been ruled by the vedic houses. Houses are basically the “Home” and how we are giving space to everyone in our homes. That all depend upon our perception towards others, ruled by the different houses in astrology.
Let’s understand about all twelve houses of Astrology but before that first understand about the configuration of houses
Configuration of Houses and Zodiac
The Zodiac is 360 degree and it is distributed among all the 12 houses equally. By that mean, every house is of 30 degree each. The ascendant comes first and other 11 houses are following in succession. Houses are measured from cusp to cusp, hence Lagna Bhava or first house starts from when first beginning star rises at the time of birth.
12 houses in Astrology
- First House: It is a house of “Self”.
- Second House: It is a house of “Wealth” and “Family”
- Third house: It is a house of “Siblings”, “Courage” and “Valour”.
- Fourth House: It is a house of “Mother” and “Happiness”
- Fifth House: It is a house of “Children” and “Knowledge’
- Sixth House: It is a house of “Enemies”, “Debts” and “Diseases”
- Seventh House: It is a house of “Marriage” and “Partnership”
- Eighth House: It is a house of “Longevity” or “Ayu Bhava”
- Ninth House: It is a house of “Luck”, “Father” and “Religion”
- Tenth House: It is a house of “Career or Profession”.
- Eleventh House: It is a house of “Income & Gains”.
- Twelfth House: It is a house of “Expenditure & Losses”.
Types of Houses
- Kendra Houses: These are the best houses in Vedic Astrology and also known as Lakshmi Sthana. 1st, 4th, 7th, 10th houses are considered as auspicious houses and they also deal with the major part of our life. They are very strong houses of Kundali. Tenth house, being one of the strongest house, represents the career or profession and image into the outer world or society. The ascending order for the strongness of these houses are 10th, 7th, 4th and 1st. If you have strong Kendra, then you would have the potential to accomplish your all goals in current birth.
- Trine Houses: These are the second best houses in Vedic Astrology and also known as Dharma Houses. 1st, 5th and 9th houses are known as Trine houses. It can be signified as 1st-Personal, 5th- Creative and 9th- Collective. They basically strengthen the birth chart and provide the benefic points in life. It is not as much beneficial as Kendra houses but you can say it is a supportive houses for Kendra houses. These houses belong to spirituality as 5th and 9th house considered as Vishnu Sthana.
- Upachaya Houses: These houses are 3rd, 6th, 10th and 11th. They are increasing houses. Any planet, placed in these houses, gives more over time. Any malefic planet like Mars, Saturn, Rahu, Sun do very well in these houses as they will try to reduce the negative influence of these houses.
- Moksha Houses: 4th-8th-12th houses are known as Moksha Houses. These houses are related to spirituality. These are the houses which play significant role while attaining enlightenment or Salvation in one’s life.
- Artha Houses: 2nd-6th-10th houses are considered as Artha Houses. Artha deals with the material and physical support of life.
- Kama Houses: 3rd-7th-11th houses are considered as Kama Houses. They deal with basically your ambitions and motivations.
- Dusthana Houses: 6th-8th-12th houses are considered as Dusthana Houses. They are responsible for struggle and source of pain in your life.
- Maraka Houses: 2nd-7th-8th houses are considered as Maraka Houses in Astrology. They are considered as bad due to its killing nature. You lose your energy for accumulating wealth, helping to your partner and longevity.
Lord of each House
According to Vedic Astrology, Kaal Purush Kundali starts with Aries Ascendant and it is also considered as a Natural Vedic Birth Chart. Mentioned below is the names of rulers for particular houses:
- Mars: rules over first and eighth house in Kaal Purush Kundali
- Venus: rules over second and seventh house in Kaal Purush Kundali
- Mercury: rules over third and sixth house in Kaal Purush Kundali
- Moon: rules over fourth house in Kaal Purush Kundali
- Sun: rules over fifth house in Kaal Purush Kundali
- Jupiter: rules over ninth and twelfth house in Kaal Purush Kundali
- Saturn: rules over tenth and eleventh house in Kaal Purush Kundali
Therefore, Houses in Astrology are responsible for the formation of your entire circle of life. it is essential for you to get analysed your birth chart for every aspect of life through the astrology houses. It may provide you the better understanding of your struggling areas to overcome accordingly.