Guru Nanak Jayanti
History and Significance of Guru Nanak Dev Ji: Born in 1469, Guru Nanak Ji lived in the 15th century during a period of extreme inequity. He was the first Sikh Guru and the creator of Sikhism. He walked a number of miles in order to propagate the message of purity and oneness. His teachings focused mostly on three concepts: "Vand Chakko," "Kirat Karo," and "Naam Japna." "Vand Chakko" refers to giving to the less fortunate and sharing with others. 'Naam Japna' is the practice of taming our evils by meditating on the name of God, whereas 'Kirat Karo' means earning a living honestly, without deceit or exploitation of others.We wishing Youhttps://www.jyotishgher.in/
The well-known hymn Sut Guru Nanak Purgattiya, Mittee Dhund Jugg Channun Hoyaa states that once a heavenly Teacher named Nanak took holy birth, a thick mist cleared and heavenly light filled the universe.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji's Biography and Importance
Guru Nanak's Prakash Utsab and Guru Nanak Gurpurab are other names for Guru Nanak Jayanti.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji was born in Rai Bhoi di Talwandi, near Lahore, Pakistan, on April 15, 1469 (now Nankana Sahib, Pakistan). He was the first of the ten Sikh Gurus and the founder of Sikhism.
Based on the Bikrami calendar, his birthdate is 1469, on Puranmashi of Khattak (Kartik). Additionally, he was born on the full moon of the Indian lunar month of Kartik, according to Bhai Bala Janamsakhi. As a result, from October to November, Sikhs commemorate Gurpurab, or the Jayanti of Guru Nanak. November 19 is the date of celebration this year.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji: Biography and Teachings
Birthplace: Rai Bhoi Ki Talwandi, which is now Nankana Sahib, Pakistan.
Name of Father: Mehta Kalu
Name of Mother: Mata Tripta
Name of Spouse: Mata Sulakhni
Little ones: Lakhmi Das and Sri Chand
Known for being the first of ten Sikh gurus and the founder of Sikhism
1539 saw his death.
Location of Death: Kartarpur, Pakistan Nowadays
Gurudwara Darbar Sahib Kartarpur, Pakistan is the final resting place.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji: Inspirational Sayings
1. "Speak only that which will bring you honor."
2. "Burn worldly love, rub the ashes and make ink of it, make the heart the pen, the intellect the writer, write that which has no end or limit."
3. "I am neither male nor female, nor am I sexless. I am the Peaceful One, whose form is self-effulgent, powerful radiance."
4. "The world is a drama, staged in a dream."
5. "Let no man in the world live in delusion. Without a Guru, none can cross over to the other shore."
6. "Death would not be called bad, O people, if one knew how to truly die."
7. "What should the yogi have to fear? Trees, plants, and all that is inside and outside are He."
8. "Dwell in peace in the home of your being, and the Messenger of Death will not be able to touch you."
9. "If the people use the wealth bestowed on them by God for themselves alone or for treasuring it, it is like a corpse. But if they decide to share it with others, it becomes sacred food."
10. "Your Mercy is my social status."https://www.jyotishgher.in/
Rituals of Guru Nanak Jayanti
In Sikhism, Guru Nanak Jayanti, also known as Gurpurab, is observed with important rites. Devotees lead kirtan and katha sessions to sing hymns and discuss teachings, take part in nagar kirtan processions, and read the Guru Granth Sahib continuously along the akhand path. To encourage equality, free meals are served in Langar Seva, the communal kitchen. Prayers, ardas, and the recitation of Gurbani convey appreciation and ask for well-being. Additionally, Kar Sewa honors the teachings of Guru Nanak Dev Ji and reflects the fundamental principles of Sikhism via volunteer community service.https://www.jyotishgher.in/
Guru Nanak Jayanti 2023 Wishes
- May this Gurpurab 2023 bring happiness and joy to you and your family! Happy Gurpurab!
- May Guru Nanak Dev Ji encourage you to achieve all your dreams, bless you with peace and shower you with eternal happiness and joy. Happy Gurpurab!
- May Guru Nanak Ji be your support and guidance throughout your life. Happy Gurpurab!
- May Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s spiritual teachings enlighten you, and may you obtain whatever you wish for. Happy Guru Nanak Jayanti!
- May the holy teachings of Guru Nanak Ji guide you along the correct path in life. Heartiest Gurpurab wishes!
- May Nanak Ji be your guide! May he always bestow his blessings on you. I wish you a Happy Guru Nanak Jayanti!
- May Lord Guru Nanak encourage you to achieve your hopes and aspirations in life and help you always maintain peace and tranquillity. I wish you and your family a very Happy Gurpurab 2023!
- May Guru Nanak Ji enlighten your heart and mind with sanctity and knowledge. Happy Guru Nanak Jayanti!
- I pray that happiness and blessings always surround you as we all get together to remember our beloved Guru Nanak Dev Ji and the commemoration of Sikhism. Happy Gurpurab.